- Pre-populated, included 8TB of storage (6x 1.5TB)
- Support for the majority of Hard Drives, including SSD Support
- RAID Levels: RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, and 5+1 (hot spare), 6
- Network File Protocols Supported and iSCSI target
- 10/100/1000 Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Flexible Configurations with Server-class Pedigree
- Windows Active Directory Trusted Domains
- MSCS and Hyper-V Live Migration support
The Iomega StorCenter px6-300d provides cross-platform file sharing and simultaneous iSCSI block access. High performance I/O is achieved through dual GbE connections with port bonding and link aggregation capabilities. The Iomega Personal Cloud technology offers unparalleled simplicity and versatility for data protection and access.
Business users will appreciate the robust data protection features of the Iomega StorCenter px6-300d, such as multiple RAID levels with hot swap drives, UPS support, print serving, user quotas, device-to-device data replication and certification for most virtualisation environments. The easy-to-use interface provides no-hassle management, while the Active Directory support and remote access round out the comprehensive business features.
Axis Video Hosting System
The Iomega StorCenter px6-300d also embeds the Axis Video Hosting System solution and can support up to 12 Axis IP security cameras for video surveillance applications. RSA BSAFE encryption for protected installs and upgrades are included along with support for PC, Mac and Linux clients.
Built in support for up to 10 UPnP (universal plug and play) network cameras by Axis and Panasonic to capture and store video without the need of a dedicated PC. IP cameras from other manufacturers can record to a Share, but are not automatically discovered. Video is encoded as MPEG-4. Embedded Axis Video Hosting System solution (AVHS) for local to hosted cloud video storage and management.
Powerful Backup Functionality:
- Backup all the computers on your network simply by downloading and installing the available client backup software. Also compatible with today’s most common backup software applications.
- Time Machine Support: Allows Apple users to easily backup any Mac computers running OS X (10.5 or later) using Time Machine.
- Personal Cloud Backup: Synchronise data between personal cloud member systems and the px6-300d.
- Public Cloud Backup: Use one of the integrated 3rd party cloud-based storage services such as Amazon S3 or MozyConnect to replicate data from your px6-300d to your public cloud account.
- Cloud Disaster Recovery: Utilise two px6-300d devices in different locations and the Iomega Personal Cloud function to create your own disaster recovery scheme.
Total Data Protection:
- Native security support with robust username and password authorised access. Create additional users and secure their content with password protection.
- User Quotas: Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user.
- RSA BSAFE technology protects installs and upgrades.
- Data Protection Software: Iomega’s QuikProtect backup software is available for download.
Iomega Personal Cloud
Iomega Personal Cloud is the revolutionary technology that allows you to protect and share your data. Iomega Personal Cloud is a patent-pending, web-based computing architecture that connects your Iomega StorCenter Network Storage Array devices to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet. Unlike public and private cloud applications, Iomega’s Personal Cloud technology is completely self-owned – so the content and accessibility is always under your control.
Backup - Keeping a second copy of your data in an offsite location ensures availability in the event of an unforeseen disaster. Remote backups can run in the background after business hours to eliminate network bottlenecks.
Copy Data - Users around the globe can copy files directly between computers as though they were on a local network.
Collaboration - Easily set up a shared workspace so that local and remote users can view and edit documents (spreadsheets, presentations, and word processing documents, for example) –especially useful for helping geographically dispersed workers collaborate.
Sharing - Sending large files can quickly choke your company's e-mail system. And e-mailing sensitive files can raise security concerns. Iomega Personal Cloud offers functionality that makes it easy to securely copy and transfer large or confidential files.
Security - Iomega Personal Cloud allows you to choose who has access to what data by invitation only. And, users can choose from three levels of security when sending data over a public network. At many smaller companies, locally stored files are at risk from theft, fire, software problems, and hardware failure. Cloud storage offers built in redundancy at every level: hard drive, server, and datacenter.
Low Maintenance - Once the system is set up there is almost no maintenance. You still have to manage user accounts, but jobs like array maintenance and monitoring the health of your data storage simply go away.
Archiving - Archiving older files to a remote StorCenter frees up space on your primary StorCenter device for day-to-day business needs. Less capacity required for primary storage saves you money.
Desktop form factor
Intel Atom Dual Core CPU at 1.8GHz with 2GB RAM
6 x 3.5” Hot swap SATA-II Hard Disk Drives.
RAID Levels: RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, and 5+1 (hot spare), 6
2 x RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps (GbE) Ethernet ports
LAN standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
1 x USB 3.0 and 2 x USB 2.0 ports (to connect external HDD, printers, UPS, Bluetooth dongle)
iSCSI LUNs - up to 256 LUNs
Client computers for file system access
Windows PC, Mac OS, Linux
AC Voltage 100-240 VAC
Acoustic noise –33 dBA maximum
User interface localized for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish, Swedish, and Polish
The Iomega StorCenter px6-300d Network Storage has received the following certifications:
Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, and 2008 R2 including Microsoft Cluster Server and Hyper-V Live Migration.
VMware VSphere ESX4 iSCSI and NAS, XenServer 5.5, 5.6 (w/ MPIO), iSCSI & NFS
Available 10/100/1000 Mbps network Ethernet port (required).
Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3.x, Safari 3 or later browser.
CD or DVD drive to install software.
Personal cloud and remote access specific requirements:
Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) compatible router, or administrative rights to port forward.
Recommended minimum sustained connection speeds for a good Personal Cloud experience.
Download: 2.5 Mbit/s
Microsoft Windows XP or newer.
Mac OS X 10.4 or newer.
Linux: Redhat Enterprise 4-6, Ubuntu 7.10 - 10.10, OpenSUSE 10.3 – 11.3
Weight and Dimensions
8.81kg (with HDDs)
257mm x 176mm x 270mm
Iomega StorCenter px6-300d 18TB Network Storage (6X3TB HDD included)
Printed Quick Start Guide
Solutions CD with:
Iomega Storage Manager software
User Help Documentation
3-Year Limited Warranty